Home Products Applications About Us Prices Contact Us Facts
Proposed Benefits of Sea Minerals
- Raised brix and plant health. Brix, or the solids in the sap, is made up not only of sugar, but also of minerals. It has been proven that the higher the brix, the healthier the plant, the more resistant to sickness and disease, and the more nutritious it will be. The trace minerals in Ocean Trace help to raise the brix, not just in sugar content but in trace mineral content of the sap, resulting in a healthier plant.
- Flavor. A higher brix means more flavor. However, when sea minerals are a part of the brix, it makes such a difference in flavor. This is one of the greatest testimonials we receive. People just can’t believe how good their food tastes when they use Ocean Trace.
- Nutrition. The higher brix, along with the trace mineral component of the brix, translates into greater nutrition. Not only does the trace mineral content of the plant skyrocket, but the vitamin content also increases substantially. In Montana we did a 2 year study using Ocean Trace on wheat. The results for the 2 years were similar. The vitamin content of wheat grown with Ocean Trace was 11% to 34% greater, depending on which vitamin was tested. Ocean Trace is a wonderful product for increasing the nutrition of our foods.
- Shelf life. Because of the increased brix rich with trace minerals, our customers report that produce grown with Ocean Trace has a shelf life 2 or 3 times as long as the same crop grown without it. This can be huge. Who likes eating wilted, rotten food?
- Animal health. Dr. Maynard Murray did significant research with Ocean Minerals. He documented his findings, which have been published in the book, "Sea Energy Agriculture, Nature's Ideal Trace Element Blend for Farm, Livestock, Humans”. In his many laboratory tests, animals that ate food grown on land that was rich in sea minerals were injected with carcinogens to produce cancers, fed a diet that should result in hypertension, etc., etc. Incredibly enough, the animals that were fed a diet grown with sea minerals didn’t get the cancer, the hypertension, etc., while the animals whose diet didn't include foods grown with sea minerals did. These same health benefits will surely be experienced by humans as well. Sea Minerals really are a key to increased health.
- Better yields. Plants grown with Concentrated Sea Minerals generally yield better, if the plant has adequate moisture. This increase in yields is generally anywhere from 10% to 17%, depending on the crop, the growing environment, and application rates.
- Less insect pressure. Many farmers have reported that when they used Ocean Trace, their insect problems disappeared. For sure, Ocean Trace is NOT a pesticide. One reason for less insect pressure is that the potassium in Ocean Trace is a nutrient greatly needed by the plant. But it is also because the crop now has the perfect balance of micronutrients found in the Ocean. By helping to balance these micro-nutrients, plants become so much healthier. Sapping insects target sick plants. A sick plant, especially one without the proper cat ion exchange, will emit an infra-red signal that says to sapping insects, “dinner time”. But according to Tainio Technologies, when the hydrogen makeup of the plant is in balance with the cat ions, the insect no longer identifies the plant as food.
- Sea Minerals help to establish a good balance of micro-nutrients. This is very important. Trace minerals work together. One trace mineral is necessary for a plant to pick up others. So if a farmer just gives his crops a specific trace minerals, many times it will not be very available to the plant, because it doesn’t have other trace minerals needed to utilize it. Therefore when a farmer loads his crops with Zinc, if it isn’t part of a balanced trace mineral application, his crop might not be able to utilize the zinc. What does the farmer do then? He just keeps putting on more zinc, hoping that his crops will get enough. The result is a zinc toxicity in the soil. Not a pretty thing. So having a balanced micronutrient program is so very helpful to both plants and soil.
- The law of the minimum. There are many trace minerals that are needed only in small amounts by the plant, but if the plant doesn’t have them, the plant will suffer. Ocean Trace supplies all 74 of the naturally occurring minerals on the Periodic Chart of Elements, and in a perfect ratio. It has been stated that both sap and blood plasma have almost the exact same ratios of trace minerals as ocean water. So when we apply a fertilizer which naturally has this perfect balance, it can be very beneficial. While it is true that most of these 74 minerals have not been acknowledged by the USDA as being needed by plants, every few years enough evidence is gathered to suggest that another of these minerals should be added to their list of "beneficial minerals". By giving a plant the full buffet of minerals found in the ocean, it is allowed to utilize the minerals it needs.
- Less fungus. A replicated study was done with the University of Georgia on the effects of Ocean Trace on 2 fungus types, including white mold. This study demonstrated that peanuts had less fungus (and greater yields) than peanuts not fed with Ocean Trace. Ocean Trace is not a fungicide. Decreased fungus can only be linked to better plant health.
- Ability to promote photosynthesis. Ocean Trace is a good source of Magnesium. It is the magnesium that within days can turn leaves to a darker shade of green. We have numerous testimonials to this. The more photosynthesis, the more food the plant is able to manufacture, which can translate into greater yields.
- Greater soil health. When the beneficial microbes in the soil thrive, the soil becomes healthier, and plants in turn become healthier. These microbes need trace minerals, and thrive when they are present. One of our dealers uses Ocean Trace in his product designed to increase the number of microbes in the soil. He said that before adding Ocean Trace to his product, he could not achieve his goal of 1 billion microbes per square inch. But by adding Ocean Trace, he said he is now able to meet that goal.